WildnSwole is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Are you looking for the best air purifier for home gym use?
If so, you’re in the right place.
In this article, I’ll discuss 13 of the top home gym air purifiers on the market today and what makes them perfect for use in a gym setting.
I’ll also provide a buyer’s guide to help you choose the right one for your needs.
So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
The Top 13 Air Purifiers for Home Gym Use
1. Levoit Air Purifier (Best on a Budget)
This award-winning product offers a comprehensive solution that’s perfect for any budget.
Say goodbye to allergies and dust particles; hello to clean and renewed air!
The Levoit Air Purifier boasts VortexAir Technology that sweeps away stale air, allowing you to breathe easier.
The 360-degree air intake also helps circulate healthy air around your workouts.
Coupled with its H13 True HEPA filter and advanced QuietKEAP Technology.
You can trust that it will eliminate nearly all airborne pollutants commonly found in homes.
From pet dander to dust mites – all while maintaining a quiet environment.
This powerful yet compact unit is not only efficient but also has an impressively modern award-winning design.
- Eliminates 99.97% of airborne particles
- There are four types of replacement filters to choose from. This way you can customize your purifier to the types of particles floating around.
- 3-layer filtration system
- No UV-C light to prevent harmful ozone pollution
- Lightweight and compact
- There is a timer setting and sleep mode, and you can turn the display light off
- It’s not very quiet, especially on level 3
- No handle to move it around
- The original filter doesn’t do a very good job of removing smoke particles
- Dimensions: 14.4″ D x 8.7″ W x 24″ H
- Weight: 7.48 LBs
- Coverage: Up to 1200 sq. ft. per hour
- 2-year warranty
- AC powered
2. Coway Airmega AP-1512HH Air Purifier
This powerful air purifier utilizes a 4-stage filtration system to thoroughly cleanse every cubic inch of your room’s air quality.
This way you’ll be left with nothing but clean and pure air.
Not only that, but you can choose between three different manual or auto-mode fan speeds.
It has an LED air quality sensor to accurately measure and display just how much cleaner your environment is becoming.
You’ll also appreciate the timer feature – perfect for setting up regular sessions throughout the day or night for optimal levels of freshness.
- Energy Star rated to save your power bill
- Reduces 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Uses True HEPA Filters, which are one of the best types
- Designed to capture airborne allergens, air pollutants, and volatile organic compounds, and eliminate odor
- It automatically goes into Eco mode after 30 minutes of clean air is detected
- You can shut the LED light off
- It has a washable pre-filter and the main filter has a good lifespan
- The medium and high settings are loud
- Weight: 12.5 LBs
- Dimensions: 9.6″ D x 16.8″ W x 18.3″ H
- Power: AC
- Coverage Area: Up to 874 sq. ft.
- 3-year motor limited warranty, 1-year for parts
3. Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier (Great for Large Home Gyms)
This Energy Star-certified HPA300 is the perfect air purifier for a large at-home gym.
It exchanges air 4.8 times per hour in up to 465 square feet of space, creating an ultra-clean and healthy atmosphere during a hard workout or yoga practice.
Its two-stage filtration system captures both small and fine particles before they can circulate through the room.
A pre-filter catches large particles, such as pet hair and VOCs, along with odor elimination.
While a powerful HEPA filter captivates 99.97% of airborne particles and other allergens.
Take your indoor air quality to the next level with this incredible Honeywell HPA300!
With its energy efficiency, powerful filtration systems, and ability to turn any room into a pristine space.
This air purifier will help you breathe easier while you reach your health goals.
- The air filter is easy to replace
- The lights can be dimmed/turned off while you are asleep
- Works well for getting rid of smoke
- Easy to setup and clean
- Circulates air well
- There’s a timer function
- The HEPA filters that Honeywell recommends for replacement are a bit pricy
- Higher settings are a bit noisy
- Dimensions: 20″ D x 22.8″ W x 10.8″ H
- Corded Electric
- 17 LBs
- 5-year limited warranty
- Rated for 465 to 2250 sq. ft.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 (Best for Allergy Control)
The Rabbit Air features an award-winning design that is second to none.
Experience superior performance with a 4-stage HEPA filter that includes a permanent, washable pre-filter and a whisper-quiet 5-speed BLDC motor.
You’ll be amazed at this state-of-the-art air filtration system.
It quietly and efficiently removes dust mite debris, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores, and other particles from your home.
- The company offers 24/7 lifetime technical support
- Its stage 3 Charcoal based activated carbon filter acts as a chemical and deodorization filter
- Stage 4 releases negative ions for air fortification
- The HEPA and charcoal filter may last up to three years
- Energy efficient
- Includes a convenient remote and auto function
- Provides good quality air
- The sensor lights can’t be shut off
- Not very quiet on the high setting
- Dimensions: 9.8″ D x 16.6″ W x 22.2″ H
- 16.8 LBs
- AC Powered
- 5-year warranty
- Covers up to 550 square feet
5. AirDocter AD3000 4-in-1 Air Purifier (Best Quiet Air Purifier)
You can trust that you and your loved ones will be breathing safely thanks to the AirDoctors 3-stage filtration system with UltraHEPA and dual-action Carbon VOC filters.
Which have been tested to remove even the smallest of airborne particles larger than 0.003 microns.
The Auto-mode feature takes all the guesswork out of keeping your air safe.
It automatically adjusts fan speeds depending on indoor air rating and particle levels for optimal purification performance.
With four different fan speed choices, you can customize the airflow at just the right moments.
Whether it’s for removing airborne bacteria or capturing pet dander, it’ll be efficient and quick.
- Contains built-in handles for portability
- The pre-filter is washable
- The Ultra air purifier filter does a great job of keeping rooms fresh
- It’s fairly quiet so you won’t have a constant distraction in the workout room
- Quick setup
- The filters are long-lasting
- It’s only compatible with the Carbon and HEPA filter made by AirDoctor
- Dimensions: 23″ D x 15.75″ W x 23″ H
- Covers up to 1274 sq. ft.
- Weight: 24 LBs
- 1-year limited warranty
6. AROEVE Air Purifier
This ultimate air purification machine is specifically designed to keep your breathing space safe, clean, and dust-free.
Featuring a powerful H13 True HEPA filter that efficiently traps 99.97% of new airborne particles.
This way you don’t have to worry about allergens and contaminants taking over your gym.
It also offers ultraviolet treatment technology, eliminating hazardous germs and bacteria from the air that you and your family breathe.
Plus, thanks to its advanced PM2.5 sensor, this purifier can automatically detect level changes in particulate matter.
Then it’ll adjust the fan speed for maximum performance, ensuring you get optimal results for hours on end!
And if you want quiet operation so that you can get a good night’s sleep, simply activate its sleep mode option.
This feature will reduce the fan noise and turn off all display lights at low power consumption for efficient yet silent air filtration throughout the night.
- It is easy to change the filters
- The sleep option makes it quiet, while still doing a good job of clearing the air
- The UV setting is ideal for removing harmful germs and airborne viruses
- The auto/sensor features work well and have a light to display the current air quality
- Has some white noise on low mode and gets somewhat loud on higher modes
- Dimensions: 7.5″ D x 13.5″ W x 17.25″ H
- Power: AC
- 8.63 LBs
- Air Filter Lifespan: 3-6 months
- Coverage: 1095 square feet
7. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier (Best for a Medium Size Home Gym)
Whether you lead an active lifestyle or just enjoy working out, this air purifier has you covered!
It utilizes a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
So you can be sure that your air is consistently clean and clear.
It also features a Washable AOC Carbon Filter to remove odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more.
Plus, it has an amazing PlasmaWave permanent filter to capture unpleasant smells without releasing harmful ozone back into the room.
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier takes it a step further by incorporating Smart Sensors that detect airborne particles using Auto features.
So it automatically optimizes its settings until it finds the perfect balance for any space.
And with its Night time setting option, it ensures your home gym remains in a peaceful state without distraction during those late-night lifts.
- A remote control is included
- Low noise level unless it’s on turbo mode
- Does a great job of getting rid of bad smell
- Super easy to clean
- Quality construction
- It does not have a 360 circulation so you may have to rotate it
- The quality sensor isn’t the most accurate
- Weight: 15.4 LBs
- Dimensions: 7.8″ D x 14.9″ W x 23.6″ H
- Power: AC/DC
- Coverage Rating: 360 square feet
- Limited 2-year warranty
8. NUWAVE OxyPure Pro (Overall Best Air Purifier)
Introducing the NUWAVE OxyPure Pro: the air purifier that does it all!
Remove particles, dust, pollen, bacteria, ozone, and pet dander in your home with this 5-layer advanced filtration system.
The Pro features a stainless steel pre-filter, Bio-Guard filter, ozone removal filter, and Carbon HEPA combo filter.
Providing you with the best filtration compared to most other air purifiers on the market.
It’s also equipped with easy transportability, thanks to built-in transport wheels and ergonomic handles.
Best of all?
This air purifier comes with App compatibility for ultimate hands-off control.
Plus a special Night mode for silent operation when you don’t want to disturb your sleep.
- Includes 3 bonus filters
- Air and odor detection sensors
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- The filters last for a while
- Doesn’t make too much noise
- The auto and detection functions work well
- The turbo setting is somewhat loud
- Dimensions: 14″ D x 14″ W x 26″ H
- Weight: 26.8 LBs
- Tested for up to 2671 square feet
- 5-year warranty
9. IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier (Medical Grade)
This powerful and efficient Medical Grade air purifier will revolutionize the way you think of home air quality.
It features a state-of-the-art 320-degree EvenFlow diffuser, which continuously circulates every square inch of your living space with fresh, clean air.
And its innovative H14 HyperHEPA filter is lab tested and proven to capture 99.995% of ultrafine particles down to 0.003 microns in size.
Your HealthPro Plus also has a PreMax pre-filter that captures larger particles such as hair and fur, as well as a V5-Cell filter that filters out odors and gases.
- Features a remote control
- Includes transport wheels
- Long filter lives
- Triple sealed frame
- 6 fan speeds provide extra fresh air
- Each of the filters has its own sensor alerts
- Not very lightweight
- The wheels are cheaply built
- Weight: 35 LBs
- Dimensions: 15″ D x 16″ W x 28″ H
- Power: AC/DC
- 10-year limited warranty
- Coverage: 1125 square feet
10. BISSELL MYair (Includes a USB Port)
Not only does this magnificent 3-in-1 purifier keep up with the freshness of your living space, but it also comes with a special night light to bring some extra shine into the room.
Outfitted with an adjustable brightness option, you have full control over the light just like you do over your indoor air settings.
At just 27 dB(A), you can rest assured that your family will get a peaceful and quiet night’s sleep.
Sustainability is key in this product line – let’s be proud that it carries an Energy Star certification!
Good for Mother Nature and your wallet, the BISSELL MYair delivers efficient performance without compromising on quality.
- Sleek design with a small footprint
- Equipped with pre, medical-grade H13 HEPA, and carbon filters for removing 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Some proceeds from every purchase go towards the BISSELL Pet Foundation for saving homeless animals
- Low and medium speeds are whisper quiet
- Includes a USB port for charging your phone
- 360-degree airflow works well for small rooms at an affordable price point
- The high setting is loud
- Rough Dimensions: 8.6″ D x 10.7″ W x 17.5″ H
- AC/DC power
- Covers up to 495 square feet
11. BlueAir Cleaner (Best Air Purifier for Compact Home Gyms)
You don’t have to sacrifice your safety for comfort and cleanliness anymore.
Whether you prefer yoga or boxing, this air purifier will keep your smaller home gym space safe and sound.
Its award-winning quality is powered by HEPASilent dual filtration with a 360-degree air intake, trapping 99.97% of airborne impurities as small as 0.3 microns.
Plus, it’s Energy Star-rated to ensure you get maximum efficiency and performance while reducing energy consumption, and your bills!
Set aside any worry concerning toxins and allergies as this certified device has been proven to reduce eye irritation, sneezing, coughing, headaches, and asthma.
Along with general feelings of ill health due to particles in the air.
And that’s not all!
It’s been highly rated for its ozone safety standards!
- Washable pre-filter
- One-touch auto functionality
- A great choice for pet owners
- Fairly quiet unless on boost mode
- There’s a nighttime function
- Many users have had issues with getting their warranties fulfilled
- Dimensions: 7.9″ D x 7.9″ W x 16.7″ H
- AC/DC power
- Rated for up to 912 square feet
12. Germ Guardian (Includes Two Air Purifiers)
This 3-in-1 system combines a True HEPA filter, a charcoal filter, and UV-C light to destroy airborne bacteria and other particles which cause health problems.
All of this comes in an easy, one-time purchase that includes two air purifiers.
So no need to worry about buying another setup any time soon!
You can easily enjoy 3 speeds of filtration that promises to rid your home of dust and particles.
What’s more, the Germ Guardian is incredibly simple to use!
- Easy to use/basic functionality
- You can purchase a two-pack at an affordable price (an option to buy one is also available)
- Compact design
- Sits solid on the ground
- The low setting is quiet enough for nighttime
- No timer or actual night mode settings
- Dimensions: 6.75″ D x 10.25″ W x 21.5″ H
- Weight: 21.4 LBs
- Power: 120v A/C
- Coverage: 743 square feet
- 3-year warranty
13. Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier
This incredible piece of tech provides 3-stage filtration with a pre/activated carbon filter, H13 True HEPA filter, and UV-C light.
This way it’s equipped to tackle any airborne allergens or bacteria in just a matter of minutes.
It’s easy to use, with three timer settings for 2, 4, or 8 hours along with a smart filter reset indicator so you don’t forget when it needs new filters.
- Super lightweight
- Built-in handles
- A great choice for people with allergies to smoke, dust, or other particular matter
- The low and medium settings don’t make much noise
- Quick setup time
- Responsive customer support
- The highest setting gives off a decent amount of noise
- Dimensions: 6.9″ D x 10.79″ W x 12.1″ H
- Weight: 6 LBs
- Corded electric
- 5-year warranty
- Cleanses up to 300 sq. ft.
How To Choose the Right Air Purifier for Your Home Gym
1. Consider the size of your Home gym.
The size of air purifiers ranges drastically.
Be sure to measure the area you would like to place it before purchasing to ensure a proper fit.
2. Choose an air purifier with a filter that can be replaced easily.
This will save you time and money when it comes time to put a new filter in.
3. Consider the type of contaminants that you want to remove from the air in your home gym.
Some air purifiers are designed for specific types of contaminants, like pet dander, pollen, or VOCs such as sweat.
4. Look for an air purifier with a “HEPA” rating, which stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air.
This means that it is able to capture at least 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns in size.
This ensures a high level of efficiency and cleanliness in your Home gym.
5. Consider additional features such as noise levels and timer settings which will help you customize the operation of your air purifier to suit your needs.
6. Make sure it comes with a warranty as this will ensure that it is covered should something go wrong.
FAQs for Home Gym Air Purifier
Is an Air Purifier Good for a Gym?
Yes, an air purifier is a good investment for a gym.
Gym members will appreciate not having to deal with the smells of sweat and bacteria, and the purifier can also help to keep the equipment clean.
Do I Need an Air Purifier in My Home Gym?
Air purifiers can help reduce the number of indoor pollutants in the air, so it’s a good investment for anyone who’s trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
Breathing clean air while you work out will boost your performance too!
How Do You Ventilate a Home Gym?
One way to ventilate your home gym is to install a ventilation fan near the ceiling.
This will suck the air from outside into the gym.
You can also open a window to let in some new air or purchase a portable air ventilator.
Do Air Purifiers Stop the Smell of Sweat?
Yes and no, some HEPA air purifiers do not stop the smell of sweat.
Sweat is a salty, oily liquid that is secreted by the sweat glands to cool the body.
Many air purifiers work to remove dust, pollen, smoke, and other particles from the air, but not sweat.
However, purchasing an air purifier with a charcoal filter or any type of filtration system designed to remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs), will help reduce the smell of sweat.
Kick Your Runny Nose With a Home Gym Air Purifier!
The best air purifier for your home gym should meet all of your needs, from size to type of contaminants removed.
I’ve provided this buyer’s guide to help you make the best decision for your space and needs.
If you have any questions about which air purifier is right for you, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and I will help you out!