WildnSwole is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery (BBL) is an operation that involves the transfer of fat cells from other parts of the body to the buttocks.
This surgery can be used to improve the shape and size of the buttocks, as well as to reduce sagging skin.
BBL plastic surgery is a popular option for those who are looking to improve their overall appearance, increase their self-confidence, and change body composition.
This surgery’s main goal is to help improve the appearance of the buttocks. However, there are also risks associated with this type of operation.
In this article I will cover the pros and cons, and answer questions like; does a BBL make you lose weight?
So read on to see if getting one is the right decision for you.
Table of Contents
What Is a BBL Surgery and What Are the Benefits
A BBL, also known as a Brazilian Butt Lift, was invented in the 1960s by Ivo Pitanguy.
It is a cosmetic surgery used to improve the appearance of the buttocks.
The procedure involves the removal of unwanted fat cells from other areas of the body and the placement of that fat in the buttocks.
It is a form of liposuction and fat grafting.
This can help to create a more lifted and rounded appearance.
After a full recovery is made, your cells from the fat transfer should function as they would in any other bodily region.
There are many benefits to getting a BBL, including:
- Lose stubborn fat in unwanted areas: A BBL helps you lose fat in other areas because the procedure targets and removes fat cells from specific areas of the body.
- This means that you can expect to see a noticeable reduction in fat in other areas of your body after undergoing this procedure.
- The most common areas for fat extraction are the stomach, hips, and thighs.
- Natural-looking buttocks area: There are no exterior injections or fillers required, all of the fat cells are moved from one area of your body to another.
- Improving the overall proportions of your body: A BBL can improve body symmetry by contouring the waist and hips.
- Additionally, it can help to create a more defined hourglass figure.
- This can be especially beneficial for those who have lost a significant amount of weight, as it can help to tighten and tone loose skin.
- Furthermore, a BBL can also help to improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Enhancing your self-confidence and self-image: A BBL can boost confidence by providing a more youthful appearance.
- It can also improve self-esteem by helping to correct asymmetry or other perceived flaws.
- In addition, the surgical procedure can create a more proportional look that can make people feel more attractive.
- See BBL results instantly: Brazilian butt lift results give an immediate change to your physique.
- There’s no need to spend hours in the gym every day trying to build a big butt.
- When done right, it only needs to be done once. Then you can enjoy your new look as soon as your body heals.
- BBL surgery is considered safe: However, as with any surgery, there are risks involved.
- Your surgeon will go over these risks with you before your surgery.
- Don’t try to find the cheapest prices when it comes to this process.
Although many patients were relatively safe, there are still some risks associated with the procedure.
Again, it is important to discuss these risks with your doctor before you decide to undergo a BBL procedure.
- Poor healing
- Skin necrosis
- Numbness or tingling
- Fat necrosis
- Skin irregularities
- Anesthesia risks
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Permanent nerve damage
How To Minimize the Risks
One way to limit the risks associated with BBL surgery is to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Make sure to ask your surgeon about his or her experience with the procedure and look at before-and-after photos of previous patients to get an idea of the results you can expect.
Be sure to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to help ensure a successful recovery.
This may include wearing compression garments, avoiding sitting or lying down for extended periods of time, and refraining from strenuous activity.
If you experience any complications after your surgery, be sure to contact your surgeon right away so that he or she can treat the issue and help you minimize the risk of further complications.
Does a BBL Make You Lose Weight?
There is no definitive answer to this question as every person’s body is different.
However, some patients may experience fluctuations in weight after a Brazilian butt lift procedure, while others may not.
One factor that might affect this, is some of the fat cells dying during the transfer process.
It is important to speak with your plastic surgeon before having any cosmetic procedure to get their professional opinion on how the surgery may impact your weight loss or weight gain.
It’s important to note that once the newly transferred fat cells are completely healed they will have a blood supply.
Meaning gaining or losing weight will affect the size of these fat stores.
How To Prepare for a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
If you are getting a Brazilian Butt Lift, you will want to be correctly prepared for it.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol:
- Smoking and drinking alcohol can negatively affect your collagen, elastin, and blood pressure.
- These all play a vital role when it comes to healthy skin and proper circulation of blood supply in your new fat cells.
- Lose weight:
- Any weight loss after your fat transfer will affect the transferred fat.
- So if you plan on losing a significant amount of weight, try to reach this goal beforehand.
- Gain weight:
- If you plan on significant weight gain, do it before your appointment.
- Since any weight fluctuations will impact the transferred fat cells.
- Healthy diet and exercise:
- Maintaining healthy body weight and well-being is important to reduce the risks involved with this cosmetic surgery.
- Plan the pre and post-op process with your plastic surgeon:
- You should discuss other factors such as; the area of the body that the fat transfer will come from and the volume size of its new location.
Brazilian Butt Lift Post-Op Recovery Process
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids in the days following your operation.
- This will help flush the toxins from your system and aid in your healing process.
- Take it easy in the days following.
- Rest as much as possible and avoid any strenuous activities.
- Since it’s important to avoid prolonged sitting, try using special pillows while you relax.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding your post-operative care.
- This will ensure that you heal properly and avoid any complications.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing in the days and weeks following your surgery.
- This will help minimize any discomfort and allow your incisions to heal properly.
- Be patient with your recovery.
- It can take several weeks or even months to fully heal.
- Maintain a stable weight
- As mentioned previously, losing or gaining weight will cause the transferred fat cells in your buttocks to grow or shrink.
- Continue eating a healthy diet.
Where You Can Get One
Brazilian Butt Lifts are becoming more and more popular each year.
This cosmetic operation can give you the curves you’ve always wanted, making you look and feel sexier than ever before.
If you’re considering a Brazilian Butt Lift, make sure to do your research first.
There are a few things you should keep in mind before going under the knife, such as the cost of the procedure, the recovery time, and the risks involved.
But if you’re ready to take the plunge, Dr. James E. Hardy is a surgeon who can give you the boost of confidence you’ve been looking for.