WildnSwole is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
It’s easy to get discouraged when it comes to fitness.
After all, sticking to a healthy routine can be hard work.
But don’t give up!
With the right mindset and a few words of encouragement, you can push through any workout.
Check out these top gym quotes for women and get inspired to achieve your fitness goals!
Table of Contents
Best Motivational Fitness Quotes for Women
A fit and healthy body are not only important for looking great, but also crucial for overall health and well-being.
Like most people, you probably struggle with staying motivated to work out and eat healthily.
But don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Below are some of the best motivational fitness quotes for all the beautiful women out there.
These are from regular people, famous athletes, trainers, and celebrities.
1. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen”
It’s always better to try and work out, even if it’s not perfect than to not work out at all.
2. “A one-hour workout is just 4% of your day. No excuses!”
Even if it’s just for a short amount of time, it’s still worth it.
3. ” Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.”
Making the decision to lose weight is one of the hardest things you will ever do in your life.
It’s a constant battle between mind and body, and it’s a journey that is never-ending.
You have to be willing to make sacrifices and put in the hard work if you want to see results.
So make the decision today to change your life for the better.
Your future self will thank you!
4. “Weight loss is hard – not magic.” – Machiel N. Kennedy
There’s no magic pill or easy solution.
It’s all about making healthy choices and putting in the effort day in and day out.
5. “The body achieves what the mind believes.” – Napolean Hill
If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will and your goals will remain just that-goals.
But if you can harness the power of your mind and truly believe that you can do something, then the sky’s the limit!
6. “You can always tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up. Instead of tearing each other down.”
Strong women are the ones who are supportive and encouraging of one another.
7. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate.”
Appreciate what your body is capable of.
8. “It hurts now, but one day it will be your warm-up.”
The pain you feel now will be worth it in the long run.
9. “Only you can make it happen.”
Only the individual can make their dreams a reality.
10. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
In order to achieve big goals, you must first believe in yourself and have high expectations.
11. “There is no giant step that can take you there. But, consistent and small steps can!”
You should not expect to achieve great things overnight but should take small, consistent steps toward your goals.
This can be done by breaking them down into smaller steps that you can work on each day.
12. “Definition of a really good workout: When you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.”
Nothing beats the satisfaction of overcoming that voice inside that’s telling you to quit.
13. ” What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up.”
Never give up on your dreams and persist through hardships!
14. “People will tell you that you look different. But you know how much sweat it’s worth.”
You know how hard you’ve worked for the results you’ve achieved, and no one else’s opinion should matter.
15. “Self-discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don’t talk back.” – W.K. Hope
It’s about having the willpower to do what’s necessary, even when you don’t feel like it.
16. “The successful warrior is the average woman, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
A powerful reminder that you can be successful if you have the focus and determination to achieve your goals.
17. “Making excuses burns zero calories.”
If you want to see results, you need to put in the work and stop making excuses!
18. “Don’t let the weekend become your weak end!”
Weekends are a time to relax and recharge, but don’t let them become a time where you slack off on your fitness goals.
19. “The mind is the most important part of achieving any fitness goal. Mental change always comes before physical change.” – Matt McGorry
It’s important to make sure your mind is in the right place before anything else can change.
20. “Physical strength is the most important thing in life. This is true whether we want it to be or not.” – Mark Rippetoe
The dedication it takes to develop physical strength can help us in every area of our lives.
21. “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting… those are the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
Are you willing to put in the effort and work hard to achieve your goals?
22. “If you still look cute at the end of your workout, you didn’t train hard enough.”
Push yourself a little bit harder in order to see results.
23. “When life knocks you down you have two choices – stay down or get up.” – Tom Krause
We can either stay down and give up, or we can get back up and fight harder than ever before.
24. “For the dedicated and consistent, success is just a matter of time.”
Success doesn’t come easy, but it’s definitely worth the wait for those who are patient and put in the hard work.
25. “You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.”
It’s up to you to choose which feeling you want to have.
26. “The only limit is the one you set for yourself.” – Felix Baumgartner
We all have the power to push ourselves beyond our comfort zones.
27. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
Hard work and dedication are essential if you want to be successful, and this quote is a perfect reminder of that.
28. “You won’t regret that extra push.”
The harder you push, the more you’ll benefit in the long run.
29. “Don’t wish for a good body. Work for it.”
Nothing worth having comes easy!
30. “Little progress is better than no progress at all. Success comes in taking many small steps.” – John C. Maxwell
It’s often said that success is a journey, not a destination.
So be patient, stay focused and keep moving forward.
Success will come!
31. “What hurts you today makes you stronger tomorrow.”
It’s not easy, but it makes you tougher and more resilient.
32. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.” – USMC
The body adapts to the pain and the individual becomes stronger.
Inspirational Quotes Said by Women
Women face many challenges in life.
But throughout history, women have shown strength and resilience in the face of adversity.
These inspirational quotes celebrate the power and strength of women everywhere.
33. “Don’t fear moving slowly forward… fear standing still.” – Kathleen Harris
Sometimes it’s hard to move forward because you’re scared of what might happen if you do.
But it’s even scarier to stay in the same spot and not make any progress at all.
34. “Slow progress is better than no progress.” – Jamie Gold
Making small progressions every day can lead to big results over time.
35. “We want to take ourselves out of our comfort zones; when you’re in your comfort zone for so long, you only play to a certain level.” – Toni Duggan
Operating at a higher level requires discomfort and pain tolerance.
36. “If we’re not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn’t settle for junk food.” – Sally Edwards
Junk foods are not only devoid of nutritional value, but they can also lead to obesity, heart disease, and other health complications.
37. “Life is easier when you are comfortable in your own skin.” – Amy Dickinson
Finding comfort in who you are as a person, physically and mentally, will make life a lot easier.
38. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
This quote speaks to her dedication to her work and her refusal to make excuses.
39. “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Women can be powerful and successful without having to imitate men.
40. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce
You have to be willing to work for it and not rely on others to give it to you.
41. “The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it.” – Kalpana Chawla
It is possible to triumph if you have the right vision, courage, and perseverance.
42. “A wise girl knows her limits. A smart girl knows that she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
Be confident in yourself and know your strengths.
Be curious and explore new things.
43. “If not me, who? If not now, when?” – Emma Watson
There is no better time than now to start making a change.
44. “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey
A strong woman is not afraid to face challenges head-on with a confident attitude.
45. “We don’t just sit around and wait for other people. We just make, and we do.” – Arlan Hamilton
Take initiative and be proactive.
46. “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.” – Simone Biles
If you want to be confident in what you’re doing, you need to put in the work.
47. “The question isn’t who is going to let me. It’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand
If you really want to do something, you will find a way to do it.
48. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be Hopeful. Be empowered.” -Michelle Obama
Even if things are tough, stay strong and stay focused on your goals.
49. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
There is nothing you cannot achieve if you set your mind to it.
50. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
Persevere through tough times, because you can handle more than you think.
Female Fitness Quotes
Female fitness quotes can be a great way to get motivated for a workout or to inspire someone who may be struggling with their fitness goals.
They can also provide some great insight and wisdom regarding living a healthy and fit lifestyle.
51. “Train insane or remain the same.” – Jillian Michaels
Hard work and dedication are crucial when it comes to fitness and personal improvement.
52. “Skinny girls look good in clothes, but fit girls look good naked.” – Ronda Rousey
Fit girls have more muscle, creating a toned and attractive look.
53. “A lot of people like to be supertiny, but I don’t want a child’s body. I want a woman’s body that is extremely fit. It’s so much sexier.” – Ashley Greene
There’s nothing wrong with having muscles!
54. “Fitness – if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.” – Cher
You can’t expect to make progress by just popping a few pills or sipping on a magic potion.
You have to put in the time and effort to see results.
55. “I don’t want another girl’s body. I want my body, but leaner, stronger, and healthier!”
Society has a certain standard of beauty that is often unrealistic and unattainable.
This quote speaks to the desire many people have to achieve an idealistic body type, rather than striving for good health and fitness.
56. “I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara.”
Put forth your best effort and keep pushing forward.
Sweating it out in the gym is just one way to do that!
57. “Sore muscles are nothing compared to the pain of regret.” – Toni Sorenson
Is skipping the gym worth the self-disappoint?
58. “When you see a girl with smudged lipstick and runny kajal, you know she just finished a killer workout!”
Hard work isn’t supposed to look pretty!
59. “A fit, healthy body – that is the best fashion statement.” – Jess C. Scott
It is more important to be healthy and confident in your own skin than to worry about what you wear.
60. “I’d rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
You’ll learn from your mistakes and it’ll only make you stronger.
61. “Rather than focusing on the obstacle in your path, focus on the bridge over the obstacle.” – Mary Lou Retton
There is always a way to get past any obstacle, so don’t dwell on it.
62. “Feel fearless to succeed.” – Tori Bowie
Successful people don’t let their fear of failing hold them back from achieving their goals.
63. “I’m just competitive. It doesn’t matter what it is. I want to play.” – Allyson Felix
Always play to win.
64. “If everyone likes what you are doing then you’re doing it wrong.” – Hope Solo
Don’t be afraid of pushing boundaries and trying new things!
65. “It doesn’t matter what your background is… if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.” – Serena Williams
It doesn’t matter what your past or present situation is.
If you have dreams and goals, you can make them happen.
66. “Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.” – Katie Ledecky
With enough practice, you’ll eventually get it right.
And once you do, don’t stop!
67. “I just wanted to really show her no matter what, that you do things with character, integrity, and you don’t give up.” – Allyson Felix
No matter what you do, always do it with character and integrity, and never give up.
68. “I’m stronger than I think I am. Mentally. Physically.” – Misty May-Treanor
Get up, and get after it.
You may just surprise yourself.
69. “Do what you love… you aren’t going to care about the sacrifices you’re making to do whatever it is.” – Kelly O’Hara
If you do something you love, nothing can get in your way.
70. “Keep working even when no one is watching.” – Alex Morgan
Progress is made in practice, not in competition.
71. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
It’s about perseverance and determination.
72. “Don’t let anybody work harder than you.” – Carli Lloyd
Work hard and be relentless in your pursuit of success.
73. “We all have moments when we struggle with motivation.” – Tori Bowie
It’s okay to have moments where you don’t feel like getting after it.
Everybody struggles with motivation at some point in their lives.
74. “Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.” – Serena Williams
If you’re not putting in the effort, you’re not going to get anything done.
75. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn vos Savant
If you give up, you will never achieve your goals.
They will always remain as dreams.
Funny Motivational Quotes for Women
It can be tough to be a woman.
With constantly juggling work, family, and social obligations.
It seems like there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done.
And on top of it all, you’re expected to look good and have perfect hair and makeup at all times.
It’s no wonder that sometimes you feel overwhelmed and stressed out.
But don’t worry, you’re not alone!
Millions of women around the world are dealing with the same challenges every day.
That’s why I’ve collected these funny motivational quotes for women, specifically for you.
I hope they make you laugh, remind you that you’re not alone, and give you some much-needed encouragement to keep moving forward.
76. “Lifting weights doesn’t make women huge. But donuts do!”
Eating unhealthy foods in large quantities will lead to fat gain.
Lifting weights will give you a lean definition.
77. “A good workout is when you make your dry-fit shirt look like false advertising.”
Extreme sweating is how you know you’re working hard!
78. “When life knocks you down… do a squat!”
Fight back and keep going.
79. “Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training?”
Well, does it!?
80. “Don’t cry over boys. Do some squats and make them cry wishing they still had that ass.”
That’s the ultimate revenge!
81. “You never realize how long a minute is until you exercise.”
Cardio is fun! (Just kidding)
82. “Excuses don’t kill the fat, exercises do.”
People often come up with excuses not to exercise, but in the end, it’s the only thing that will shed pounds.
So let’s get to it!
83. “Be a MILF: Mom In Love with Fitness.”
Wait… what did you think it meant?
84. “I will never break up with my gym. We just seem to work out.”
The gym is always there when you need it most.
Unless it’s a holiday, then it’s probably closed 🙁
85. “Life has its up and downs. We just call them squats.”
Life is full of good and bad moments, but we can always power through them by using the pain and struggles as motivation to keep going.
86. “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!” – Jillian Michaels
This might be a bit extreme, but you get the point.
87.”It’s my workout. I can cry if I want to!”
Normalize crying on leg day!
88. “Sweat is just fat crying.”
It’s a way of crying for help because your body is desperate to lose weight.
89. “A dude told me I look like a man. I told him if he lifted like me he could too.”
This dude definitely drives a Prius.
90. “Torn between looking like a snack or eating one.”
You can do both!
91. “I’m not swearing. I’m using my workout words!”
Whatever gets the weight lifted.
92. “I work out to burn off the crazy.”
Don’t want to let the crazy side take over!
93. “My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch… I call it lunch!”
That dumpee’s gotta eat to grow!
94. “I only work out because I really, really like donuts.”
Do it for the donut!
95. “I want someone to look at me the way I look at weights.”
Me too… me too 🙁
96. “Eat clean to stay fit; have a burger to stay sane.” – Gigi Hadid
You should eat clean, but burgers are better.
97. “Hustle for that muscle!”
Get to work!
98. “It’s not swagger… I’m just sore.”
It’s the post-leg day waddle.
99. “Taking off a sweaty sports bra should count as resistance training.”
This would be a great at-home workout!
100. “My legs are hungover.”
If you want to have a killer booty, quads, hamstrings, and calves, then you need to make sure you squat hard and let your legs recover with a nice hangover.
101. “The only time you should ever look back is to check out dat booty.”
The one and only exception to this rule.
Motivational Video for Women
This motivational video is designed to encourage women to work out.
The speaker discusses the importance of pushing through difficult times in the gym and when dieting.
FAQs Related to Gym Quotes for Women
What Is a Good Caption for a Gym?
Every day, I wake up and tell myself that today is the day that I get back in shape.
Today is the day that I start taking care of my health.
Today is the day that I finally make a commitment to myself.
And so far, it’s working out great!
#TransformYourselfTuesday #riseandgrind💪 #gymrat #fitfam #noexcuses
What To Say To Inspire a Woman?
There are so many things you could say to inspire a woman, but some of the most important ones are simple and heartfelt.
Tell her that you appreciate her, or that you’ve got her back.
Let her know that you believe in her, or tell her how proud you are of her.
Sometimes the simplest words can make the biggest difference.
How Do You Motivate a Girl To Work Out?
One way to motivate a girl to work out is by setting goals for her.
If she has something to aim for, she will be more likely to stick to her workout routine.
You can also try to find a workout buddy who will help keep her motivated.
Finally, make sure to commend her for any progress she makes, no matter how small it may seem.
How Do I Get Gym Motivation?
There are a few things that you can do in order to get gym motivation.
First, make sure that you set realistic goals for yourself.
Don’t try to go from not working out at all to going to the gym every day.
Start with a few days a week and gradually increase the number of days as you become more comfortable.
Second, find a friend or family member to go to the gym with you.
This will help you to stay accountable and motivated.
Finally, find an exercise routine that you enjoy.
If you don’t enjoy your workout, it’s going to be hard to stick with it in the long run.
What Is a Successful Woman Quote?
“A successful woman is one who can build a strong foundation with the bricks that life throws at her.” – Unknown
This quote is a reminder that success doesn’t happen overnight, but it can be achieved with perseverance and hard work.
A successful woman isn’t defined by society’s standards or expectations.
She sets her own goals, works hard to reach them, and never gives up no matter what life may throw at her.
It’s important to remember that success is not measured by external standards, but rather by the personal goals we set for ourselves.
Along with our determination to reach them.
With a positive attitude and hard work, anything is possible!
So don’t forget: stay focused on your dreams and you will eventually achieve success.
Concluding These Gym Quotes for Women
Working out is hard.
It’s sweaty, it’s tiring, and sometimes you really don’t feel like doing it.
But the truth is that if you want to be healthy and look good naked (or just generally look better), then you have to put in the work at the gym.
And I know that sometimes all you need is a little motivation to get your butt in gear, which is why I’ve collected over 100 of the top gym quotes for women.
So whether you’re just starting out on your fitness journey or you’ve been hitting the treadmill for years.
These motivational quotes will help inspire you to push harder and achieve your goals.
Be sure to check out my previous article for more motivational fitness quotes for women.